Care & Support
General Care for Vinyl Liners
- Avoid the use of any abrasive cleaning agents or cleaning aids.
- Vacuum and clean the pool with a cleaner designed for vinyl lined pools.
- Never use sharp objects in or around the pool as they can puncture the liner.
- After the chemicals have dissipated, cover your pool when it’s not in use. This will decrease its exposure to damaging ultraviolet rays. Less chemicals are required if your pool is covered and/or not used. To avoid high concentrations of airborne chemicals building up between the water and the cover, open or vent the cover every 24 hours.
- Do not drain the pool completely for any reason it will shrink and not stretch back into its original shape.
- Never close a pool without circulating the pool water for several hours after the addition of chemicals.
- Prior to installation, read and follow the chemical manufacturers’ directions. Many liner problems are a result of misuse of chemicals.
- When adding chemicals, add one chemical at a time.
- Add each dissolved chemical through the skimmer for best dispersion into the pool (through the filtration system).